If your app was installed from Google Play
1. Open the application page on Google Play: follow the link
or find the application on the Playmarket by its name myGTVC
2. Click Update button
If your app was installed manually on the TV box
To install an update to Android TV application on an Android box you should complete the following steps:
- Enable Unknown Sources.
On your Android TV box open Settings, in Settings choose Personal (Security & Restrictions) section. In Personal enter Security & restrictions.
Make sure the option Unknown sources is on (it is off by default). This will allow you to install Android applications (APK files) outside of the Google Play Market.
Depending on the box model, the Settings screens also can look like that:
2. Set up a file manager
To manage APK files you need a file manager for your Android box. If you do not have one by default, you should install it. The most popular one is ES File Explorer. You can download it from the Google Play Store, or any other app store that comes with your device. Once you install the file manager, open it up just to make sure that there aren’t any additional setup steps.
3. Delete the previous application
1. Go to Settings
2. Open Apps section
3. Select the required app and click OK on the remote
4. On the displayed menu navigate to Uninstall and click OK on the remote. Then click OK on the confirmation screen.
5. Install the new application
- Open Browser
- Type http://bit.ly/gtvc210 in the address line, click OK on the remote.
- Choose the application for downloading (ES Downloader)
- The installation file is started to download
- In the opened window select Open file
If you cannot download the file using the web browser, you can connect it directly to your PC using a micro-USB or full-size USB cable. Your PC will recognize the TV box as any other external device like a flash drive or external hard drive. You’ll be able to navigate through the directory and put the application APK in the Download folder or any other folder that you have created for that purpose.
6. Then select Install
7. Click on the Install button on the myGTVC installation screen
8. myGTVC is installing.
9. When the app installed, click Open
The app is installed and the Welcome screen has appeared on the screen. For future use click the Sign in button, and enter the credentials to your account which was registered before on the website germantvcompany.com or right in myGTVC app.