To install Android TV application on an Android box you should complete the following steps:
1. Enable Unknown Sources.
On your Android TV box open Settings, in Settings choose Personal (Security & Restrictions) section. In Personal enter Security & restrictions.
Make sure the option Unknown sources is on (it is off by default). This will allow you to install Android applications (APK files) outside of the Google Play Market.
Depending on the box model, the Settings screens also can look like that:
2. Install the application
- Turn ON TV and the Android box, waiting when the system is loaded.
- Open Browser.
- Go to http://bit.ly/mygtvc
- Click on the Direct Download button.
- The application is started to download.
If on your device you see a message which asks you to confirm the app installation file, confirm downloading by pressing OK.
- Then click Open file.
- Then select Install to proceed with the installation.
- After the APK installed, depending on the TV box model, you will see either window prompting to open the app, or the installation window will be closed, so you will need to open the application from the home screen.
- If you have X96 mini box, to open the newly installed app, go to the home screen of your box and click Apps.Then navigate to myGTVC app and click OK on the remote.
- To start using the app, please enter the credentials to your account which was registered before on the website https://germantvсompany.com/
3. If you are having issues with installing the application right away from your browser, you can use a flash drive or your PC.
If you cannot download the file using the web browser, you can connect it directly to your PC using a micro-USB or full-size USB cable. Your PC will recognize the TV box as any other external device like a flash drive or external hard drive. You’ll be able to navigate through the directory and put the application APK in the Download folder or any other folder that you have created for that purpose
To manage APK files you need a file manager for your Android box. If you do not have one by default, you should install it. The most popular one is ES File Explorer.
You can download it from the Google Play Store, or any other app store that comes with your device. Once you install the file manager, open it up just to make sure that there aren’t any additional setup steps.