If you have trouble connecting to the website, try to change the DNS (Domain Name System) to Google Public DNS.
DNS is a system that organizes and identify domains. We can use a phone book analogy to explain the DNS. Phonebook translates a name such as ‘Polish TV Company’ to a phone number, while DNS translates the URL or web address (eg: www.germantvcompany.com) to the correct IP address (eg. 188.8.131.52) which you have to connect to obtain the necessary information.
Why should you try Google Public DNS?
Using Google Public DNS you can:
- Speed up the browsing
- Improve safety
- Get the expected results, with absolutely no redirection
In some cases, the Alfabox cannot connect to the Internet, because the Internet Service Provider’s DNS does not respond. In such a case the DNS server has to be changed to Google DNS: 184.108.40.206.
Follow the steps below to change the DNS:
- Press SET on the remote, select NETWORK and press OK.
- Depending on the way the Alfabox is connected to the Internet, select WiFi or WIRED and press OK.
- Select AUTO DHCP, MANUAL DNS and press OK.
- Use the numeric keypad on the remote to enter 220.127.116.11. You can move between fields by using the left and right arrows.
- Press OK on the remote to confirm.
- Select Restart Portal and press OK on the remote to confirm.